Show ^

Monday, November 9, 2009

Sameera Speaks About Asal And Ajith

Published in Times Of India daily paper dated Nov 08, 2009

‘I WANT MORE FEMALE FANS THAN GUYS’
ajith,ajithkumar,thala,ultimate star,asal,next film,50th film,kumudam,kungumam,vikatan,sameera,sameera reddy,saran

It’s not often that you come across a star like Sameera Reddy confessing that she’s impressed about something. And so, when she does, you know it is special.

Says the star, who is in the city shooting for Ajith’s Asal, “I did my first Tamil film Vaaranam Aayiram (VA) with Suriya and I found him really cool. But then, I thought Suriya was a one off case. Now, when I find Ajith to be relaxed, humble and easy to work with as well, I’m thinking, ‘Wow, is this the way the whole Tamil film industry is?’ I’m highly impressed with the industry here.”

That feeling, it seems, is mutual, given the impression the crew of Asal have about her. So, it comes as no surprise when the actress says, “I have to say that it has been a wonderful experience working in Asal, which is being directed by Saran and produced by G Prabhu. I think people in this unit work hard not because they are asked to, but because they want to.”

ON THE FILM’S STORY AND HER ROLE IN IT...

It’s very hard to get the lady to talk about Asal’s story. Choosing her words carefully, she says, “I play a cultural attache in the embassy in France. I play a new age woman, who is very stylish, but is still traditional at heart. My look in the film is French and I speak French. I’m the connection between the hero and what his mission is.”

ON AJITH...

It’s just the storyline that she won’t disclose. However, when it comes to talking about her costars, the actress is more forthcoming. Says she, “There is something special about Ajith. Even if he is not in a scene, he is so worried about the safety of the unit and his co-stars. I remember, in France, he’d keep telling me to put on my seat belt. He didn’t need to be there
even for the stunts that I did in Chennai. But he would stand there and make sure that everything went right. That’s one reason why I respect him a lot.”

ON THE FUN SHE HAD SHOOTING FOR THE FILM...

Commenting on the other members of the crew, she says, “Suresh and Sampath are two people with whom I’ve become good friends.” Narrating a funny incident, she says, “There’s a chase sequence that takes place in the French city of Leon. We were running through crowded streets with Suresh in a police outfit. The camera was camouflaged. So, people thought that a real chase was taking place. As I was running, I noticed an excited look on people’s faces. People everywhere were enamoured with the way we shot.”

ON VAARANAM AAYIRAM’S SUCCESS...

The lady says she’s become a proper Chennaiite and that she loves the city. “Chennai has a relaxing pace, while Mumbai has a hectic lifestyle. Between the two, I have the best of both worlds. I got to know Chennai better when I was working in Vaaranam Aayiram. I’m so proud of VA and the way Gautham presented me in it. I think Gautham got who I was on a level that most directors didn’t. I’ll tell you what the most important thing for me is. It is to have more female fans than guys. To have the ladies of the house love me is what thrills me. And Vaaranam Aayiram did just that. When I met Prabhu sir’s family for Asal, and when the ladies of his house said they really liked me in VA, I was beaming. After VA, I’m extremely careful when it comes to picking my roles in Tamil cinema. I believe I owe that much to my Tamil audience who have given me so much love after VA.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment